Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
Amadeus and Key Data Announce Business Intelligence Partnership
The combination of forward-looking market insights will produce the industry’s most accurate view of worldwide air, hotel, and alternative accommodations bookings.
As travel trends continue to evolve, so have the lodging options available to travelers. From hotels to short-term rentals, travelers have more choices than ever. For hoteliers, property managers, and tourism organizations trying to understand what’s happening in their market and how they are performing against their competitive set, a full picture of accommodation bookings and air traffic is necessary to make accurate, data-driven revenue decisions.
With this in mind, Amadeus, a global leader in travel data intelligence and hospitality technology, and Key Data, a global leader in short-term rental data, have announced a partnership to combine forward-looking business intelligence data for air, hotels, vacation rentals, and other alternative accommodations. The blended data sets will fully integrate to produce a best in class, single view of travel data.
For the first time, this single view of data will also be available to Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and Convention & Visitor Bureaus (CVBs), ushering in a new, more comprehensive view of travel trends and insights with an easy-to-use set of dashboards and tools.
Jason Sprenkle, CEO, Key Data Dashboard, said, “Customers and businesses that rely on travel data need a single solution that offers a full view of their market, regardless of where travelers choose to stay. By partnering with Amadeus, we not only make it easier for our customers to access travel data, but we also unlock new insights and trends to help these businesses and destinations make decisions earlier, and with more confidence.”
Michael Yeomans, Executive Vice President , Business Intelligence and Data Solutions , Hospitality, Amadeus, commented, “We are very pleased to add this unique data to Amadeus’ robust business intelligence suite. As the travel landscape continues to evolve, we are committed to offering the best breadth and depth of data and insights to our customers. We’re excited about this new partnership which supports our offer expansion as the hospitality industry’s most trusted travel data source.”