Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
Monthly Archives: September 2020
By Jennifer Groese
The National Association of Business Resources has announced the Summer 2020 winners of its 10th annual Best and Brightest Companies to Work For? competition. It’s with great pride and enthusiasm to share that AVOXI was one of their high scorers, joining other prominent companies like BlackBerry?, Gables Residential?, and T-Mobile? as recipients of this award.
This program provides the business community with the opportunity to gain recognition, showcase their best practices, and demonstrate why each of them would be an ideal place to work. Determined by a third-party market research firm, the criteria is based annually on market conditions and trends, then applied throughout the country.
“We’re thrilled to be named as one of the nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For?,” says David Wise, CEO of AVOXI. “The fact that we’re winning this award in 2020 speaks volumes to the strength of the culture we’ve built here at AVOXI and the impressive team of employees we have! Despite having to swiftly move our entire global team to a work-from-home environment, our employees have remained resilient and committed, enabling our company to continue growing. Culture is at the core of everything we do, and it’s something we’ll continue nurturing, regardless if we’re in an office together or digitally connecting from our homes.”
Over the past several years, AVOXI has invested in and nurtured its global employee programs, resulting in a proactive and highly engaged team. The Human Resources department continually collects internal feedback from employees on innovative ideas that keep them fulfilled and giving-back.
“We’re constantly looking for new and exciting ways to support and engage with our employees. I’m very proud to see that our hard work and culture are being recognized on a national level,” says Lauren Sallarulo, HR Specialist at AVOXI.
While the winners are not ranked, the highest-scoring 101 national companies are scheduled to be showcased this October in a week-long celebration during the virtual Illuminate Business Summit. For more information, please visit www.thebestandbrightest.com!
BPV is proud to report that four of our portfolio companies have been named to the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in America: a comparative online car insurance platform and three B2B SaaS businesses.
Congratulations to Austin’s The Zebra (1st year), Dallas’ Spotio (2nd year in a row), Louisville’s SkuVault (4th year in a row) and Orlando’s PowerDMS (10th year in a row). We’re thrilled to be partnered with these great entrepreneurs!