Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
Rise of the high-tech South, bonus material.
Half of the Top 10 are from our region, while neither the Valley nor the Alley made the list.
The team at NerdWallet looked at the many reasons our region is the best climate for entrepreneurs – including Millennial founders – and identified these 10 cities:
- Tulsa, OK
- Tampa, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- Raleigh, NC
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Seattle, WA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Austin, TX
- Omaha, NE
- Houston, TX
This isn’t the first time the cities in the Southeast & Texas have dominated a list like this. We took 9 out of 10 spots on Forbes‘ “Next Big Boom Towns” as well.