Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
Matt Rice promoted to Principal
Ballast Point Ventures is pleased to announce the recent promotion of Matt Rice to the position of Principal with the firm.
After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Virginia, Matt began his career in the Health Care Investment Banking Group of Raymond James Financial where he focused primarily on the specialty pharmaceutical, drug distribution and contract research organization sectors. He later joined Ballast Point Ventures as a Senior Associate and then received his MBA from Harvard Business School. Matt also worked in the Strategic Alliances group at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research prior to rejoining BPV as a Vice President in 2008. He has focused his investment efforts primarily in the health care arena, and he currently serves as a Director of specialty pharmaceutical company Innocutis and is also active with several of BPV’s other health care portfolio companies.
“We are delighted to announce Matt’s promotion. Matt has been an outstanding contributor at BPV in his five years with the firm, and he has played a key role in both sourcing attractive investment opportunities and working with our entrepreneur partners,” said Drew Graham, Managing Partner. “Both the relationships he has developed in the Southeast and Texas and his deep knowledge of the health care sector have strengthened our team.