Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
“Health Ambition” on the diagnosis & effects of sleep apnea
This interesting article in Health Ambition provides an excellent summary of the potentially serious risk factors of sleep apnea, which they estimate affects 26% of adults – 80% of which goes undiagnosed.
The corresponding reduction in sleep quality can lead to common symptoms in the short term such as fatigue and irritability, but over the long term the consequences could include increased risk of many serious conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease and stroke.
If you’d like to learn if you might be part of the undiagnosed population, our portfolio company SleepMed offers a free online preliminary sleep risk test that is quick and easy. They also offer home- and lab- based sleep diagnostics services as well as outcomes-based sleep disorder treatments and support.
Check out the article at Health Ambition. One of the many fascinating things we’ve learned since our investment in SleepMed is how critical a good 7 hours/night of sleep is to a whole range of health outcomes.