Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
Monthly Archives: May 2018
Source / by: MusicBusiness Worldwide
Independent distributor Symphonic Distribution has hired former Orchard exec Nick Gordon and Jaime Feldman, who previously worked at Universal Music, in the US.
Gordon joins the company as Chief Client Officer & GM in New York.
He was previously VP, Client Services at The Orchard, and was pivotal to the company’s client and technology growth that led to its acquisition by Sony Music.
Prior to that, Gordon was a Distributed Labels Manager at Caroline Distribution, where he focused on hip-hop and electronic music clients.
In his new role, he is tasked with defining Symphonic’s core client strategy and expanding the company’s footprint in New York.
As Content Development Specialist, Feldman is Symphonic’s first hire in Los Angeles.
He was previously Senior Director, A&R at Universal Music and Director, A&R at Capitol Music.
In his new role, Feldman is tasked with growing Symphonic’s client roster in Los Angeles and drawing from his experience to shape its future A&R strategy.
Jorge Brea, CEO of Symphonic Distribution, said: “I am thrilled to have Nick as a part of Symphonic.
“NICK BRINGS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE, ENERGY AND CREATIVITY TO THE ORGANIZATION AND HAVING JAIME AS A PART OF SYMPHONIC WILL HELP [US] REACH NEW HEIGHTS.”
JORGE BREA, SYMPHONIC DISTRIBUTION
“He brings a tremendous amount of experience, energy and creativity to the organization and will help make the New York region a major and important part of the company’s future.
“Alongside Nick, having Jaime as a part of Symphonic will help the organization reach new heights and connect us to a new and exciting client base.
“Jaime’s experience and track record speaks for itself and we’re excited to see what he will contribute to us.”
Gordon said: “I’m delighted to be joining Symphonic at this exciting moment in their trajectory.
“Jorge and his team have built an amazing foundation, and I’m excited to help them build a growth strategy that aligns with the current needs of the independent artist and music community.”
Feldman added: “I’m tremendously excited to come on board at Symphonic at a key time for them and help add to the growth and prosperity they have seen over the past several years.
“At a time in the music business when artists and independent labels have thrived the most outside of the major label system, Symphonic is a great company for those that wish to keep their autonomy yet have a stellar team behind them to support in every way possible.”