Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
PowerDMS aids Baltimore PD
PowerDMS, an Orlando-based portfolio company of ours, has received widespread local and national news coverage for its efforts to help the Baltimore Police Department ensure officers see, know, and implement critical policies in critical moments.
Here is the story in the Orlando Sentinel, which includes an interview with PowerDMS CEO Josh Brown.
National print coverage included stories in The Washington Post and The Baltimore Sun; national television coverage included ABC News (“…the department will use web and smartphone applications to help make sure officers read and understand new rules.”) and Fox News (“Baltimore police to use apps for new policies.”)
Baltimore PD’s press conference included a 15-minute live demonstration of PowerDMS, run by the customer. The local CBS Affiliate has footage of that press conference here. (Scroll to the bottom of the story.)
This story is also an example of one of the best things about our business: one of our companies doing well by doing good. While this happens often, it rarely is highlighted so clearly (and broadly!).