Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
End-of-year twitter digest, 2014
Thank you to all our readers for joining the conversation here in 2014. We wish you all a happy and prosperous 2015, and look forward to seeing many of you at the 24th Annual Florida Venture Capital Conference, January 29 – 30, 2015 at the Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Florida.
Offered for your reading pleasure, in case you missed any: a compendium of our twitter highlights from 2014.
- Innovation depends on millions of small bets on people and ideas unseen. “The Marvel of American Resilience” – Wall Street Journal
- FL among most entrepreneur-friendly states. (So is TX) Small Business Policy Index 2014.
- Best places for biz, #1-6: TX, FL, GA, NC, TN, SC. The worst? CA, NY, IL, NJ, MA
- Economic progress = temporary monopoly as “the new thing” is introduced. Crovitz: 3 Cheers for ‘Creative Monopolies’ – Wall Street Journal
- Portfolio company PowerDMS named one of Florida’s “Best Companies to Work For 2014” – Florida Trend
- Bradley Allen: A Texas Guide to Economic Recovery – Wall Street Journal
- Portfolio Company PowerDMS named one of Orlando’s Best Places to Work
- 7 Things to Do After Raising Growth Capital
- Carl Schramm: Teaching Entrepreneurship Gets an Incomplete
- TX entices Toyota jobs away from CA. Change transforms carmaker’s U.S. branch into a mostly southeastern operation.
- Chris Ingram: Top 20 greatest assets the Tampa Bay area offers its residents, visitors and future generations.
- MolecularMD receives CLIA certification for second next generation sequencing laboratory
- Au Revoir, Entrepreneurs. “Les exiles” who’ve fled to London would comprise the 5th largest city in France.
- A big vote of confidence in fried chicken. PDQ to expand to TX & SC.
- MolecularMD and Novartis have entered into a collaboration to develop a highly sensitive diagnostic test
- Matt Rice interviewed by Miami Herald on state of VC in FL & healthcare/lifescience/tech-enabled biz svcs sectors
- TissueTech profile in Florida Trend magazine
- Portfolio company TissueTech featured in The Miami Herald as one of South Florida’s leading med device co’s.