Most popular posts
- What makes great boards great
- The fate of control
- March Madness and the availability heuristic
- When business promotes honesty
- Due diligence: mine, yours, and ours
- Alligator Alley and the Flagler (?!) Dolphins
- Untangling skill and luck in sports
- The Southeastern Growth Corridors
- Dead cats and iterative collaboration
- Empirical evidence: power corrupts?
- A startup culture poses unique ethical challenges
- Warren Buffett and after-tax returns
- Is the secret to national prosperity large corporations or start-ups?
- This is the disclosure gap worrying the SEC?
- "We challenged the dogma, and it was incorrect"
- Our column in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Our letter in the Wall Street Journal
Other sites we recommend
What is StartupBus?
This year Tampa has its own bus in the competition, and one of the teams on the bus includes former BPV intern Doug Smith. You can read about Tampa’s entry at examiner.com, and you can check out Inc‘s write-up from last year’s event. Doug will be tweeting his team’s progress at @_BumperCrop, their entry that “helps local small-scale farmers and home-growers connect to local consumers to easily share and exchange their excess crops.” You can also check out their project site BumperCrop.com, or follow @StartupBusFL for our state’s other competitors. StartupBus.com provides real-time comprehensive coverage of the entire competition.